Animal CourseSeries teasers are where you try to complete the sequence of a series of letters, numbers or objects.
What animal completes this series?
fly, spider, bird, cat, dog, goat, cow, ?
HintIt isn't a swallow, of course. The title is also a hint.
These are all the animals swallowed by the old lady in the nursery rhyme:
- There was an old lady who swallowed a fly. I don't know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she'll die!
The rhyme continues with the following animals:
- She swallowed a spider to catch the fly.
- She swallowed a bird to catch the spider.
- She swallowed a cat to catch the bird.
- She swallowed a dog to catch the cat.
- She swallowed a goat to catch the dog.
- She swallowed a cow to catch the goat.
The rhyme concludes with:
- There was an old lady who swallowed a horse. She's dead, of course.
As for the title, a course is part of a meal, which hints at the old lady's eight-course meal of animals.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top