Curtail ELanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. Evergreen tree -> Thin, pointed piece of metal
2. Burning process -> Evergreen tree
3. Gaze intently -> Heavenly body
4. Subject; unifying idea -> Those people
5. Money paid for work -> Move from side to side
6. Soft-surfaced leather -> Took to court
7. Harsh; extreme -> To cut off
8. To bring together -> A single thing
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. Pine -> Pin
2. Fire -> Fir
3. Stare -> Star
4. Theme -> Them
5. Wage -> Wag
6. Suede -> Sued
7. Severe -> Sever
8. Unite -> Unit
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top