Behead MLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Female parent -> Not one already mentioned; alternate
2. Several; large indefinite number -> One; some indefinite number
3. A story's lesson -> Relating to the mouth; using speech
4. Face disguise -> To request
5. Trough for animal food -> Wrath; strong displeasure
6. Sparse, poor quality -> Showing keen interest
7. Symbolic team figure -> Necktie or scarf with broad ends
8. Anything that belongs to a group -> Glowing wood fragment
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Mother -> Other
2. Many -> Any
3. Moral -> Oral
4. Mask -> Ask
5. Manger -> Anger
6. Meager -> Eager
7. Mascot -> Ascot
8. Member -> Ember
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top