Dropboxes IILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Climb [_] 2. Walking supports [_] 3. Mentally healthy
4. Evaporated [_] 5. Like an ear or a cam [_] 6. Drained
7. Hear, actively [_] 8. Information, abbr. [_] 9. Sharp point
10. Failing engine's sound [_] 11. Bursts [_] 12. _____ throat
13. Entangled (as, in a situation) [_] 14. A U.S. coin [_] 15. Board game device
16. Fundamentals [_] 17. Wound coverings [_] 18. Surname from "Silas Marner"
19. Spoiled; sour [_] 20. A sink's exit [_] 21. Mend a garment
22. Alloy ingredient [_] 23. Limping [_] 24. Tall tree
Answer1. ascend [D] 2. canes [C] 3. sane
4. boiled [I] 5. lobed [O] 6. bled
7. listen [S] 8. intel [L] 9. tine
10. sputter [T] 11. erupts [U] 12. strep
13. mired [R] 14. dime [M] 15. die
16. basics [I] 17. scabs [B] 18. Cass
19. rancid [C] 20. drain [I] 21. darn
22. metal [T] 23. lame [A] 24. elm
"District [of] Columbia," or Washington, DC, the capital of the United States of America.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top