Model Modification 4Trivia brain teasers have some element of trivia in them, but they are not just pure trivia questions.
Have you ever been stuck in traffic, staring at the vehicle ahead of you?
Did you notice the make and model? Now you can use that to your advantage.
Each clue below takes the model name of a vehicle and modifies it to form a normal English word.
Any letters in quotes must be added to the model name (either before, after, or inside).
See how many you can figure out.
Example: Don't be greedy! Inserting "PERABU" into this Plymouth model is just too much.
Answer: SU-PERABU-NDANCE, a modified Plymouth SUNDANCE. A "superabundance" is an excessive amount.
1. You may get a hole in one of these Volkswagen models, but you will be beaten backwards.
2. Insert "AT" into this Ford model to establish the validity of your will.
3. You must insert an "ITIM" in this Subaru model to be in compliance with the law.
4. This Mitsubishi model is a summary, but it needs an "E" to be strictly correct.
5. Following this Toyota model with "RY" will lead you to a conclusion.
6. Adding "BLE" to this Oldsmobile model is something we can definitely do.
7. Inserting a "C" into this Honda model will make it impossible to occur.
HintHere is a list of models; only some are needed.
Achieva, Alero, Beetle, Civic, Colt, Corolla, Escape, Expo, Fit, Forester, Golf, Integra, Legacy, Neon, Precis, Prelude, Prius, Probe, Quest, Scorpio, Tempo
Answer1. FLOG, a modified (backwards) Volkswagen GOLF. To "flog" is to beat; a hole-in-one is a perfect shot in golf.
2. PROB-AT-E, a modified Ford PROBE. A "probate" is the process of proving that a will is authentic.
3. LEG-ITIM-ACY, a modified Subaru LEGACY. "Legitimacy" refers to conforming with the law.
4. PRECIS-E, a modified Mitsubishi PRECIS. To be "precise" is to be exactly correct; a "precis" is a summary.
5. COROLLA-RY, a modified Toyota COROLLA. A "corollary" is something easily shown based on what is already proved.
6. ACHIEVA-BLE, a modified Oldsmobile ACHIEVA. Anything that can be done is "achievable".
7. PRE-C-LUDE, a modified Honda PRELUDE. To "preclude" is to make impossible or to prevent from occurring.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top