Close OppositesLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
There are thousands of antonyms, but not many pairs of opposite words differ by only one letter. See how many of them you can figure out.
Note: Although some pairs used here are not perfect opposites, they are listed as antonyms in the thesaurus.
1. Add one letter to "fast" to create a word with the opposite meaning.
2. Look around in this teaser to find two words that refer to opposite locations.
3. How many? Give two answers that differ by a single letter.
4. Start with a close companion; remove a letter and they become an evil person.
5. Complete with opposite meaning words: We are _____ ____ getting back together.
6. Add a letter to a private region to get something open to all.
7. Remove a letter from a private operation to get something visible to all.
Hint1. "Fast" does not refer to speed.
2. Both words are in the instructions.
3. The quantities are small.
4. The words start with F.
5. This is from a Taylor Swift song.
6. The words start with P.
7. The C is removed from the longer word.
Answer1. Fast / Feast
2. Here / There
3. One / None
4. Friend / Fiend
5. Never / Ever
6. Pubic / Public
7. Covert / Overt
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top