Getting to Know the BandLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
Thad is part of the little known band known as 'The Royal Flush.' He and his seven buddies each play a different instrument (guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, harmonica, saxophone, trumpet, or miscellaneous percussion). In addition to each playing an instrument, one member is the lead singer, and two others do backup singing. From the information given, can you determine who plays what, and who sings lead and who sings backup?
1. Curt absolutely cannot use his voice or breath in any way to contribute to the music of the band - he can't sing, and he can't play the harmonica, saxophone, or trumpet.
2. Only one of the guitar and bass players is singing.
3. The three singers are Ollie (who can't play the keyboard), the drummer (I know drummers aren't renowned for singing, but this one's an exception), and the lead singer.
4. The only reason that Ralph's in the band is because the drummer can't handle all of the percussion; Ralph does misc. percussion, and he doesn't even sing!
5. Neither Eddie nor Pat (who can't sing a note) plays the harmonica.
6. The guitarist isn't a backup singer, nor is the bass player the lead singer.
7. Harry is a fine drummer, and he also plays the trumpet. But aside from his voice, that's all he can do.
8. Mike has a very good singing voice, but someone had a better one, as Mike is only a backup singer.
9. In case it isn't obvious, nobody who plays the harmonica, saxophone, or trumpet also sings.
HintFigure out which instruments the singers play first.
AnswerRalph does misc. percussion and doesn't sing (clue 4). The other non-singers play the harmonica, saxophone, trumpet, and one of the guitar or the bass (clues 2 and 9). The drummer and keyboard player are singers, but neither of them is Ollie (also a singer, clue 3), so Ollie is the third singer, so the keyboard player is the lead singer (clue 3, only spot left). Mike sings backup, so he plays the drums (only spot on clue 3), and Ollie sings backup, so he plays the bass (clue 6). Curt does not sing (clue 1), but does not play the harmonica, saxophone, or trumpet (clue 1); he plays guitar. Harry plays the trumpet (clue 7, he cannot play the drums). Neither Eddie nor Pat plays harmonica (clue 5), that is Thad. Pat cannot sing (clue 5), so he does not play keyboard (lead singer); he plays saxophone, so Eddie sings lead and plays keyboard. In summary:
Eddie plays the keyboard and sings lead.
Curt plays the guitar.
Ollie plays the bass and sings backup.
Mike plays the drums and sings backup.
Thad plays the harmonica.
Pat plays the saxophone.
Harry plays the trumpet.
Ralph plays miscellaneous percussion.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top