You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
adj :: Very cautious or wary.
"Shane was chary of the risks involved with the procedure."
When you are estimating each answer, try to pay attention to how you are solving the problem. Are you guessing the whole number or are you trying to calculate it based on smaller guesses? Avoid using a calculator or pen and paper until after you have made your estimate.
1. Distance to the moon in miles
2. Length of a AA battery in millimeters
3. Thickness of a standard #2 pencil in inches
4. Height of a stack of a million dollar bills in feet
The answers are listed below in backwards order. Don't cheat!
(417, 0.29, 50.4, 238856)
One theory to explain this is related to mood. If you happen to enjoy classical music, then listening to it will bring you pleasure. This will put you in a good mood, which can improve your mental performance. If you dislike classical music, listening to it will annoy you and cause you to perform poorly on any subsequent test.
This enjoyment effect is not restricted to Mozart; it goes for any type of music. So, listen to what you enjoy and try to get in a good mood whenever you need to perform at the top of your game.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.