What's that You Said?Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Here are some well-known expressions rewritten into "Cliff-ese". For those of you who don't know what that means, he was a very wordy person on the TV show "Cheers" and never used a small word where a larger one would work. Try to figure out the phrases in simpler terms.
1. To place a primitive agricultural conveyance in a position anterior to the animal Equus caballus.
2. It requires a number of people greater than one to perform a terpsichorean series of low dips and twisting steps on the toes.
3. To accumulate an excess of temperature beneath a circular, tight-fitting clothing component.
4. Emanating from a culinary vessel into a site of pyrogenic activity.
Answer1. Putting the cart before the horse.
2. It takes two to tango.
3. Get hot under the collar.
4. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top