Behead 8Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Middle -> Go into; to type
2. Tool for cutting grooves -> External, exterior
3. Care for -> Stop; discontinue
4. Exploiting -> Make melodious sounds
5. Talk indistinctly -> Talk
6. Pig noise -> Writing fluid
7. Book leaf; errand boy -> Grow older
8. Name one by one -> Represent numbers by symbols
Bonus: Take the eight beheaded letters and form a one-word anagram; you will find a machine.
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Bonus: Several of the answer words are related to this type of machine.
Answer1. Center -> Enter
2. Router -> Outer
3. Tend -> End
4. Using -> Sing
5. Mutter -> Utter
6. Oink -> Ink
7. Page -> Age
8. Enumerate -> Numerate
"Enter" and "End" are two computer keyboard keys; "Page" is found on "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys. A "Router" is a computer network device. Computers can "Enumerate" (count) very fast.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top