Translated ProverbsLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Translated proverbs---or should we say "paraphrase pithy popular sayings embodying some familiar truth?"---should convince us to "never say in ten words what you can say in one." Can you uncover these fancy verbal wrappings?
1. Never subject a presented quadruped of the Equus Caballus family to detailed inspection of its oral cavity
2. Garner the centimes and the larger monetary units will supervise their own welfare
3. A culinary utensil under constant visual supervision never reaches a temperature of 212 degree F.
Answer1. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
2. Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
3. A watched pot never boils.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top