Easy DROpalMS - For The YoungstersLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
A palindrome is a word or phrase that reads the same, if it's turned back-to-front. The names Bob, Eve, and Otto are all palindromes. So is the name of the pop group Abba. Try to identify palindromic words from the following clues. Good luck!
Example: Part of the body
2. A young dog
4. Word for addressing a lady
5. An Eskimo canoe
6. A system for detecting aircraft, ships, etc.
7. An action
8. Pieces of music for one person
9. Grass that grows on the seashore
10. In music, half a semibreve
Answer1. Midday - Noon
2. A young dog - Pup
3. Flat - Level
4. Word for addressing a lady - Madam
5. An Eskimo canoe - Kayak
6. A system for detecting aircraft, ships, etc. - Radar
7. An action - Deed
8. Pieces of music for one person - Solos
9. Grass that grows on the seashore - Marram
10. In music, half a semibreve - Minim
11. Doctrine - Tenet
12. Restorer - Reviver
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top